Centre du Torrent
Located in the Alsace Vosges Mountains, in a 7-hectare park, “Le Centre du Torrent” is a haven of peace in nature.
It is an ideal starting point for walks and hikes in the surrounding forests. There are also interesting features to be discovered in the proximity.
Near “Le Centre du Torrent”, the village of Storckensohn offers a practical tour of its oil extracting mill dating from XVIII century. It has an educational orchard, and donkeys may be walked for a small fee. Also, there is a beautiful fishing lake.
As for the valley of the Thur, it affords a wide range of cultural and sports activities as well as its authentic rich regional flavours.
The accommodation comprises 70 beds in rooms, 40 beds in dormitories and the restaurant seats 150.
Moreover, there are 4 conference rooms available two seating 120 each and the others seat 60 and 40.
“Le Centre du Torrent” is open all year round and especially welcomes groups.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Its location in the country, in a quiet village, is ideal for leisure breaks, and also:
– The wellness seminars: tai chi, Chinese medicine, Geobiology, relaxation…
– Breaks for senior citizens, disabled people.
– Breaks for their carers: respite, resourcing, training
– Children’s groups are welcomed: nature classes, short holidays
– Sports vacations: hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, mountain biking, swimming, adventure park.
Home cooking encourages meeting and sharing in a convivial atmosphere:
– Family gatherings: birthdays, family reunions, weddings
– Church groups and associations (choirs, music, art activities)
Its setting provides access to a rich cultural heritage:
– History: museum, oil mill, World War I battlefields and World War II traces.
– Geology: glaciers, volcanoes and mines in association with the house of geology
Many possibilities to hike on footpaths waymarked by the Vosges Club, discovering the flora and fauna.